« Home | 20 THINGS PEOPLE SHOULD TRY TO AVOID (THAT I HAVE ... » | The Five W's and the H of My Day » | (Bail) Bonds » | Dr. versus Who Cares » | BLOGGER IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP » | Back to the Basics » | Am I Really This Old? » | I Refuse to Write About Idol (So I'll Write About...) » | My Shortest Post Ever » | Cocktail Hours and Other Crap »

People Purging (Like Spring Cleaning)

It may be a little bit late for Spring cleaning, but it's never too late for "People Purging". What is "People Purging"? I think you know the answer. It's when we remove all of our cancerous friends from our lives. It's when we take the time to write-off every bad person in our life -- friends, family members, et al. Don't let anyone fool you into believing this isn't a good thing. It's not easy, but it is necessary if you want to maintain some sanity.

Examples.

1. Your "friend" who persistently asks you to do favors for them without thanking you or doing anything for you in return.

2. Your "friend" who gossips about you to your other "friends".

3. Your family member who lays out all the other family bullshit on YOU ONLY.

4. The doctor who never returns your phone calls when you really need him/her.

5. Your co-worker who uses you for just about anything and everything.

6. The boyfriend or girlfriend who abuses you in any way.

That's a good start. The entire point is that you have to occasionally take stock in who you are and what you need in your life. I think you'll find that if you know more about who you are, then you will know more about the people you need to and want to surround you. The people listed in my examples above are cancers. They eat away at us. They sap all of our energy. They retard our personal growth, and they create our own personal problems that make it more difficult to deal with these "friends" we need to "People Purge".

hi, JSG. thanks for visiting me! your blog is great. question: what is barebacking? i may be an idiot for not knowing.
totally know what you mean about cancerous friends. don't happen to have any now, but that's because i'm so careful about people's crap that i only really make a new friend every few years or so. that sounds terrible, doesn't it?
loved the Top 20...

People Purging sounds great...however, I would probably end up getting rid of EVERY person I know. Hehehehe.

You mean the "Energy Vampires" I have gotten rid of a few of those over the years myself.

Whew!
I'm an almost expert purger and as a result, I have almost no friends.

OK, that's so not true.

I have WONDERFUL friends because I use exactly the method you recommend!

aahhh...number 2 is a good friend of mine and another one to add
Someone who is always negative about anything and everything. They're never happy with what they got. There are many of those out there amongst us.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Nigel Vossap
  • From Cleveland, Ohio

  • I am Ike, a ten-year-old Rottweiler who just relocated to South Florida with my trusty owner, Eric. Together, the two of us are soaking in the sun and chasing some of the finest .... well, you know.

CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NIGEL VOSSAP

Strange's 10 Most Wanted